Search Bicycle Trails
Found 1 routes in 0.0057s
Copy of WMB135 Swinley Forest Classic ||
||Apr 28th 2012, 05:32
|Start/Finish: Look Out Discovery Centre, RG12 7QW, SU876/661
Total distance: 20km (12.4 miles)
Total time: 3-5 hours
Total ascent: 375 metres
Maps: OS Explorer 1:25,000 no.160, Windsor, Weybridge & Bracknell. Or Garmin GB Discoverer 1:50k Southern England and Wales (GPS)
Summary: Ride natural and manmade trails for a good tour of Swinley that will show you how much (more) it has to offer.
1. Walk through the picnic area, through a gate and ahead on the Heritage Trail. Go over crossroads, and left at the fork in forest track after 100m. Continue uphill before turning right at log barriers. Drop down and follow singletrack at bottom.
2. Go over a track and continue to a T-junction with forest track, go left on this. Turn right at crossroads (Heritage Trail), past a pond. Take a left after 150m on singletrack, uphill. Continue over crossroads. Bear right to cross another crossroads. Join singletrack on right after 100m, keep ahead/right across open land and go over a track for about 100m. Go through a gap in trees between two doubletracks to Pip’s Seat (green bench).
3. Join singletrack right/behind the seat, bearing left to follow the more worn trail (right) to and over a forest track, with newish plantation on the right. Turn right on forest track at the end, go down then uphill to Small Quarry and bear to the right behind the back of a play area.
4. Keep ahead, looking for faint singletrack on left after 50m, follow it left down steep drop/roll-in to join the Corkscrew Trail. Turn left at the end, back up to forest track beside the Corkscrew. Take a right at the top (or faint singletrack in trees to right) down towards road/forest edge and turn left on singletrack.
5. Keep ahead, beside road, into trees. When the trail opens up (forest track on right to underpass), bear left uphill. Go right at top to forest track, go left then shortly right on singletrack in trees, down then uphill and bear left down to a forest track.
6. Go left, uphill then right just past the green gate on the manmade singletrack (Seagull). Go right, then left off a forest track, uphill, over forest track, on singletrack through trees to some concrete posts. Turn right to Lower Star post. Take the first left (Windsor Ride), turn right at fork, right at crossroads and then right on manmade singletrack.
7. Join the Moderate route directions at point 2 and follow them to the end. |